Welcome!

Hello and welcome! I would love to share with you my love of paper crafts, altered art, mixed media, card making, scrap pages and fun! Come right in, sit right down, have a cup of your favorite beverage and relax!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cards for fun, July and a challenge!







The first four cards here are from a card class my friend Katherine Anderson held. At the last minute, I had to go on a business trip and missed the class! However, Katherine saved all the cuts and I finished the cards at home. These cards are from StampinUp's Best of Flowers stamp set. These are some examples of what can be done with this set! Lots of fun!
The fifth card is a Victorian style vintage card I tried to make totally girly. I like to look at these beauties, but sometimes I have a hard time doing them! So I made myself go outside my box and attempted it. The image is one I found on free Printables in Pinterest. On my Pinterest board, under Printables, you will see the link to where this image is credited. She's so pretty! I love the Music Paper background it was printed on. I simply chose this image and printed it on card stock from my Epson printer. Then I incorporated the image with lace (three kinds)! Seam bindng lace, the little pom lace and some pretty lace I found at Hobby Lobby the other day. I added some pearls and aged some papers by sponging them, and then added the heart locket trinket. My next attempt I'll try to add more textured layers!
The bright red white and blue card was inspired by this card: http://www.cardscraps.com/blog/2013/07/04/happy-4th-with-six-sided-sampler/
but I didn't have the hexagon shapes.  Her card is so beautiful, I kind of cased it but made the changes using a 1 inch square punch instead.
The last card is for a new online class I signed up for. Today is the last day to enter the Pre-Class challenge 2, and I thought I'd try it! I had fun stitching and sponging this card for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment