Welcome!

Hello and welcome! I would love to share with you my love of paper crafts, altered art, mixed media, card making, scrap pages and fun! Come right in, sit right down, have a cup of your favorite beverage and relax!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Teen girl Birthday card

I made this card especially for my niece's birthday. I love the colors and the style! I used Inkadinkado's Rock Star clear stamp set. Then first I stamped the guitar in Versamark, then Archival Jet Black ink. I then used clear embossing powder and heat set it. Then I could ink it up with the pink dye ink and wipe off the excess with a cloth. This method is called emboss resist, as the embossed part resists the ink, but the white part takes on the ink. Then I used water color pencils for the pinks and blue and lavendar hues and used my water pens from Stamping Up to blend in the coloring. I distressed several edges to give the card a grungy teen look or shabby chic look. I used SU oval punch for the sentiment, and then Ucida's scalloped oval punches for the Happy Birthday. I used two clips to hold a charm each. The turquoise charm I had from one of my old pieces of jewelry that fell apart, but I kept the pieces. The large charm I got at Michael's and inserted a little picture of my niece with one of my son's when they were younger. The pink and black designer paper is from Glitz. The blue and black cardstock is Bazzil. I also took my rose Copic and touched the embossed swirls on the paper flower. This was a fun card to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment