Welcome!

Hello and welcome! I would love to share with you my love of paper crafts, altered art, mixed media, card making, scrap pages and fun! Come right in, sit right down, have a cup of your favorite beverage and relax!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

I believe in Christmas!

This is truly one of my favorites! I have a thing for Vintage Santas! As I look around the house at Christmas time, I see quite a few vintage Santas as decorations! Just love them!
This card was purposely angled to be off center. Then the Santa panel was distressed. The vintage Santa was stamped and sponged with Ranger Distress inks for coloring him in. Stickles Crystal was used on Santa's beard. The numerals were die cuts from a Tim Holtz die. The word Believe is stamped in red, and the corners were cut with a tiny circle punch. Flower soft was used in top right corner behind the Believe stamp. Black threading was tied around the white panel. This defines Vintage Christmas for me!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Welcome to the blog world, Gillian! I think you will find you'll have a lot of fun with it and make some friends along the way. Come on by and visit my blog at
www.scraphappystudio.blogspot.com

Hope to see you on the 23rd!

Carol B

Tracy in Michigan said...

Hi Gillian!! Good job with the blog. I'll see you at Julie's on the 23rd!

Tracy

Post a Comment