Welcome!

Hello and welcome! I would love to share with you my love of paper crafts, altered art, mixed media, card making, scrap pages and fun! Come right in, sit right down, have a cup of your favorite beverage and relax!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Christmas with Josh!

I have seen these cool rosettes around lately, and I tried a few! The technique to make the rosette is to punch a border on a 1-1/2 in strip of cardstock. I used a scallop border punch from Fiskars. Treading Water border punch would look great too! Score the strip inbetween each scallop. I used Scor-Buddy scoring tool. Once each scallop is scored, fold accordian style until it is all folded. Adhere the ends together at the  mountain-valley fold with a strong adhesive. I used the red tacky tape. I tried glue dots but they weren't strong enough. Then turn the circle inside out and push in and flatten into the rosette. Use several glue dots in the center to hold it in place, then use a circle punched out or a die cut circle as the center to accent and cover the middle fastening. This is a rosette. Tim Holtz has a die that will cut it and perforate it so that it will fold easily for you. Tim even demonstrates how to do it in half rosettes too! Red Lead also made their own rosette on their blog. I saw them being made at Archiver's this past weekend too! I made my own and used them as accents on this Christmas page. I really think they're neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment