Welcome!

Hello and welcome! I would love to share with you my love of paper crafts, altered art, mixed media, card making, scrap pages and fun! Come right in, sit right down, have a cup of your favorite beverage and relax!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Wolf card inspired by Michele Zindorf

I am a huge fan of Michele Zindorf, an artist I follow on Splitcoast Stampers. She is also in my list of favorite blogs I follow. I have attempted to make a card she showcased in her blog awhile back. Here is her card:
http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2008/10/10/forest-wolf/
Here is my attempt to do something similar. I used a different leaves stamp, one I found at Deals dollar store a few years ago. I bought this retired Stampin' Up wolf stamp from Ebay. I followed Michele's tutorial as much as I could using similar colors, as I don't have too many Stampin' Up colors, but I do have similar colors using other brands, such as Color Box pigments, Scrappy Cats pigment inks, and Momento Tuxedo black. I used Ranger peeled paint distress ink, and Prisma Pencils to color in the wolf. I used the emboss resist method, as I inked my stamp of the wolf with Versamark first and then the Tuxedo black. I also did the same with my leaves stamp, and a pine stamp. Then I could sponge around the image over the leaves. I also used my Cuttlebug Paisley embossing folder, but I inked it up inside with Chocolate Pigment ink before I added my cardstock. I love the way it makes it look like tooled leather!

No comments:

Post a Comment